SOMRAR volunteer programs
Join one of our volunteer programs and make the most of your time by supporting secretarial administration and more on our volunteer programs. If you are interested in self-improvement and adding new skills to your résumé, join us to make a positive impact that matters in our community.
SOMRAR was established on 15 April 2018 by a group of community development workers, as to solve the major problems influenced the community both rural and urban. SOMRAR will struggle for improve based human needs throughout Somaliland.
Mostly SOMRAR focuses on Poor and Vulnerable Community in urban and rural area, IDPs and returnees both in cities and rural areas, Community
What You Should Expect:
The organization is expected to ensure that you:
- Learn about the organization and its volunteer policies;
- Get an orientation to the organization and training for your volunteer role;
- Have a regular evaluations of your performance;
- Get guidance and support in your volunteer role;
As a volunteer, you have the responsibility to:
- Be punctual for your volunteer duty or shift;
- Be reliable and responsible;
- Communicate any issues or concerns which are likely to affect your volunteer duties;
- Do your duties as assigned and directed;
- Accept guidance from the Volunteer Coordinator or supervisor;
- Be willing to learn and participate in orientation, training programs, and meetings;
- Understand the role of the paid staff, maintain a smooth working relationship with them and stay within the bounds of the volunteer role;
- Keep sensitive organizational information confidential;
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ensuring meetings are effectively organized.
- Receiving agenda items.
- Taking action points.
- Checking that agreed actions are carried out.
- Filing minutes and reports.
- Keeping a record of the organization’s activities.
- Preparing a report of the organization’s activities.
Time Frame & Location:
Most volunteering programs of SOMRAR last between 6 to 12 months with a possible extension. As SOMRAR mainly operates in the regions of M/JEEH and Awdal. We expect our volunteers to operate in m/jeeh and Awdal region.
Who Are We Looking for?
- Committed to global peace and development
- Motivated and enthusiastic readily to adapt new cultures and situations
- Between the ages of 18-30
- Youth Activists
Education and qualification:
- Minimum a secondary certificate from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least 1 year of relevant work experience in the field of NGO policies and procedures
- Excellent English and Somali Communication.
- Reporting skills
- Ability to finish work within schedule
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV with three professional referees along with their cover letter to the following Somrar901@hotmail.com with the subject as SOMRAR Volunteer Application or directly call 063-4846624
The deadline for this call is until 30th august 2018